Thursday, September 27, 2012

Getting Know the RES Staff - Kristin Darling

Kristin Darling, Second Grade Teacher

Tell us a little about yourself:

My name is Kristin Darling, I have lived in Richmond my entire life. I am an alumni of Richmond Elementary School. I am 25 years old and live with my kitten named Buttons. I enjoy traveling, reading a good book, and spending time with family and friends.

How long have you worked at RES?

This is my first year working at RES, however, I completed my student teaching in a Kindergarten classroom there.

Tell us about your educational background/training:

I graduated from Johnson State College, Johnson, Vermont in 2011. I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. I taught for one year at Stockbridge Central School in a 1st and 2nd multi-age classroom.

What's your favorite memory from working at RES?

My favorite memory from working at RES is being a part of the students' first day in Kindergarten during my student teaching and getting the privilege to teach those same students in second grade. Being able to watch them grow as learners and having their individual personalities more defined has been truly amazing.

Something people would be surprised to know about me is:

I played ice hockey from 5th grade until my freshman year of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment