Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Joan Conroy


My name is Joan Conroy. I am a special educator at Richmond Elementary School, with deep Midwestern roots.  I moved here in 1982 from Chicago, after I got my master's degree from Northwestern University, but I am originally from Detroit. I actually held a joint teaching position at Richmond Elementary School and Brewster-Pierce Memorial School in Huntington for my first four years in the district.  Since that time, I have had the opportunity to work with students of all ages from Kindergarten through Senior year.  I returned to RES in 2011 and have enjoyed reconnecting with old friends. I have enjoyed working with several generations of the same families during my time at the school. My husband Mike and I have raised our family here in Vermont.  We are grateful for all the great opportunities living here has given us, from enjoying the outdoors in every season, to making friends with some terrific people.  Vermont is an amazing place and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment