Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Emily Ankerson #resvt #cesuvt #vted

My name is Emily Ankerson. I live in Burlington with my husband and two daughters. I love reading, writing, listening to live music, and being outdoors as much as possible. I love to play tennis, even though it is a sport I picked up as an adult and am still learning a great deal, go hiking and camping in the summer, and skiing with my family in the winter.

I love being a teacher. I think a lot of this is because I love learning, and always learn new things along with my students. I enjoy being creative, and am always amazed by the creativity of children. It is my goal as an educator to help students find and fuel that spark for learning and discovery, and to help them recognize learning as an ongoing and life-long occurrence.

I have worked at RES since August 2007, but I also completed my student teaching at RES in the fall of 2002. I am currently completing a Master of Education at Saint Michael's College, and am on course to finish in May 2013. My area of focus is Curriculum and Instruction. I completed my undergraduate work at Johnson State College. Before that, I was enrolled at UVM in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences as an Animal Science major. Each time I see students excited about learning and discovering new things it is my favorite thing about teaching. Most people don't know I was born in Oregon and lived there until I was 10 (then I moved to Vermont).

No comments:

Post a Comment