The RES Enrichment Program is excited to announce the annual
FAMILY SCIENCE FAIR
!MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!
Thursday March 10th, 2016
We look forward to the excellent projects presented by students in grades K-4! Please mark your calendars and start thinking about how you would like to participate.
Do you have a science fair project in mind? Here are some ways to make a plan:
- Expand upon an interesting topic you have studied in class
- Think about a topic that interests you, or a science question that you are curious about
- Talk to family and friends to brainstorm ideas for a project
- Stop by the enrichment room and borrow a fair idea book and talk with Mrs. Rankin
- Check out science project resources in the library
The RES Science Fair is a non-judged family event. Students are encouraged to work together with family and friends to develop a project they are proud of presenting to our community. Your entry does not have to be a science experiment. It may be as simple as a display of your leaf collection or as complex as an experiment on how the circulatory system works. Look at the world around you. What are you curious about? What interests you? Ask why something is the way it is. Do experiments, demonstrate a scientific principle, make observations of the world around you, design and make something or collect and analyze data. Most importantly- be creative and HAVE FUN!
In a few weeks Science Fair entry forms will be sent home. At that time you will be asked to share your planned science fair topic as well as any special display requirements you have.
Contact: Darcie Rankin, Enrichment Teacher by email at email@example.com