Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome Kate Healy - Long Term Art Sub


P144

Dear parents and families:

I hope that you all had a lovely summer and are looking forward to the start of a new school year! My name is Kate Healy and I will be the long-term substitute art teacher for Joanna Elliot until the beginning of November. I am so excited to become a part of your community and to get to know all of you and your children.

I recently moved back to my hometown of Burlington, Vermont from Portland, Oregon, where I enjoyed teaching preschool on campus at the University of Portland. During my free time, I worked for a community arts center, advocating for the arts in public and private schools and teaching school-age art classes. I believe that spending the time to connect and work closely with each child is the key to individual artistic growth as well as a successful classroom environment. Your children are unique, and each has special talents and interests to share.

I look forward to helping them harness their creativity and realize their artistic potential.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me anytime at Kate.Healy@cesuvt.org.

See you next week!
Best Wishes,

Kate Healy

No comments:

Post a Comment