Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting to Know Our Staff - Ileen Gilbar

This year we will be featuring posts about members of our staff, giving the greater learning community a chance to learn and know about the educators at Richmond Elementary School.


Tell us a little bit about yourself:

I live in Jericho with my husband, Michael. We have two adult daughters, a son-in-law, and a grandson. I love to hike, kayak, and read.



How long have you worked at RES?

I have worked at RES for 20 years. I have taught kindergarten for 13 years.  
Prior to that I taught a multi-age 1-2. 
 

Tell us about your educational background and/or training:

I have bachelors' degrees in Elementary Education, English Literature and Art History from the University of Vermont. I have a master's degree in Math, Science and Technology from Saint Michael's. I love taking courses and learning new things.



What's your favorite RES memory?

I have so many wonderful memories from working at RES that it is very hard to just choose one. One favorite memory is of the end of the school year when kindergarten students were saying goodbye to their fourth grade buddies. Working together had been a highlight of the year for both groups. They made strong connections and it was an emotional goodbye. It was such a positive and meaningful relationship and learning experience for everyone.


What's something about you that would surprise people?

I have been whitewater rafting in Denali National Park in Alaska.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment