Thursday, April 4, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Suzanne Self #resvt #cesuvt #vted


My name is Suzanne Self. I am in my thirteenth year as an early educator at RES. Prior to teaching at RES, I taught in both private and public preschool and kindergarten settings in Maine and Vermont. I was raised in Northampton, Massachusetts, where I spent my childhood adventuring outside with family members and friends. After graduating from college with a dual degree in special education and early education, I moved to Portland, Maine where I spent my young adulthood by the seashore. While vacationing in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho, I met my husband, Richard. After the birth of our son, Ethan we moved to Richmond, Vermont where we later welcomed our second son, Quinn to our family. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, riding my bike and crafting with wool fiber. My fondest memories at RES include sharing healthy food and impromptu conversation with students during daily snack/lunch time. Our “fancy preschool restaurant”, complete with candlelight, invites children to come together to discuss their experiences and participate in active listening and talking. It is a pleasure to be part of many fine tales that have been spun over the years!    

No comments:

Post a Comment