Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Portia Senning #resvt #cesuvt

My name is Portia Senning. I am a first generation Vermonter who grew up on a farm in Duxbury with my parents and three siblings. I fell in love with my home state early on in my life, and spent a lot of time skiing, hiking, and exploring the outdoors with my brothers and sister.

I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, and after graduating from St. Michael's College with a degree in Elementary Education and English Literature, I had the opportunity to teach third and fourth grade at Underhill Central School. I taught at UCS for five years, and am having a fabulous time teaching this year at RES for the first time.

When I am not busy in the classroom or taking courses towards my Master's in Education Degree, I love to spend time with my family and friends, read, garden, and watch Celtics and Red Sox games. I enjoy traveling and I've seen some amazing places.

Something people would be surprised to know about me is my husband whisked me away to Hawaii over February break where we got married.

No comments:

Post a Comment