Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Jacqui Robinson #cesuvt #resvt


Hello! My name is Jacqui Robinson and I teach 2nd grade here at Richmond Elementary.  I grew up not too far from here in Jericho and graduated from Mount Mansfield High School.  My husband and I bought our first home last year in Underhill, so needless to say I love this area and haven’t strayed very far.  I am a huge animal lover and have 2 cats who love to stir up trouble. I enjoy traveling with my husband, camping in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter.  My guilty pleasure is flea markets and yard sales. 


After graduating from Mount Mansfield I moved to New Hampshire and spent the next four years studying Elementary Education and Mathematics at Keene State College.  I have always had a passion for math so choosing a second major was easy.  I spent three years tutoring in the mathematics department and volunteered at the local elementary school as a reading buddy for first and second graders.  Here at RES I represent my team on our district Mathematics Committee and I am on our school Educational Support Team as well. In the summers between college, I would drive cross country and live in Portland Oregon.  There, I worked as a day camp counselor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment