Tuesday, March 19, 2013

RES Getting To Know Us - Diane Kane #resvt #cesuvt #vted


My name is Diane Kane. I have an empty nest at home but have a great number of wonderful children at school to fill the void. I have a flower and vegetable garden that I enjoy with great gusto during the summer months, which I let the wildlife share with me once September rolls around. I love to kayak and hike, watch the sunset on the lake, and snowshoe and ski and cook - and eat! I have a wonderful book club and am an avid reader. I love to come back every Fall and meet new children and families and see all the old friends march through the school door. It is truly a privilege to be part of children's lives as they develop a love of learning.

I have worked at RES for over 20 years! I have a Bachelor's degree in English and a Masters in Counseling and Consultation. I have been a Social Worker with DCF and Mental Health as well as run a Community Action Outreach Program. 

I spent many summers providing a camp program for children in our District and worked with the USDA program and local Congregational Church Mission Committee. This provided me with happy memories, like hiking in the summer with a group of children I was with during the school year. It was always fun to provide children with many physical activities and watch them flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment