Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Jeanne Adams #resvt #cesuvt



My name is Jeanne Adams. I've lived in Richmond with my husband Ed for almost 30 years, but grew up in Baltimore and Columbia, MD. We have a 27 year old son and 25 year old twins.  I like to knit, quilt, workout and travel in my spare time.

I have worked at RES for 9 years. Prior to that I was a guest teacher at RES and Brewster Pierce, and before that I worked in the RES preschool program. I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology from Ithaca College and a master's degree in Criminal Justice from Northeastern University. I worked at the Delaware County Juvenile Court in Media, PA supervising a community service restitution program and offering victim/witness assistance before moving to VT.

I loved helping to organize an all-school creemee day, courtesy of the old Corner Market (current Richmond Market). Mike Comeau was ready to close the creemee season for the fall, and our students all ready to help eat the extra ice cream. It was fun to watch the excited faces walking down from school, enjoying a cool creemee on a warm, sunny day. Just another way our local business community helps us out!

Most people will be surprised to know that my husband and I help our son, Michael, run Green Mountain Mustard. Weekends will find us at the Burlington Farmers Market and assorted craft fairs. We owned Eddie's Energy Bars before starting the mustard business.

No comments:

Post a Comment