Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Sherry Harris #resvt #cesuvt #vted

Hola, me llamo Sherry Harris. (My name is Sherry Harris).  I live in Richmond with my husband, 14 year-old son, 12 year-old daughter and golden retriever puppy.  I have taught elementary Spanish in the CESU district for seven years.  This is my fourth year teaching Spanish at RES.  I also teach Spanish at Smilie Memorial School in Bolton and at Brewster Pierce in Huntington.

 I was born in Vermont and graduated from Colchester High school.  I studied English literature at UVM and participated in the Buckham program, an academic scholarship for year-long study at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England.  I love to travel. After UVM I lived in Colombia, SA for three years where I taught English and polished my Spanish. This past February break I explored the beautiful Guanacaste Penninsula of Costa Rica with my family.  The trip was amazing and I loved being able to speak Spanish all the time.  I feel lucky because I really love my job teaching kids not only the Spanish language, but also about the culture and geography of Spanish- speaking countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment