image from rogys.com
Dear Richmond Elementary School families, friends and scholars,
It is with great pride and excitement that I welcome you to a new year of learning at Richmond Elementary School. RES educators have been working all summer long to prepare for this school year. We have:
- Revisited our mission, vision and values as a school community based on survey feedback from teachers and families
- Thoughtfully planned for the transition to Common Core State Standards in all content areas
- Reviewed our PBIS planning, expectations and instruction for school-wide fidelity
- Prepared educational environments to support our scholars learning, independence and success
- And much, much more!
All of the information above is explained via our blog and website. Richmond Elementary School prides itself in providing accurate, honest and constant information with the RES community. We do this via many social media resources including:
- RES Blog - http://resvt.blogspot.com/ We HIGHLY encourage everyone to sign up for a subscription to our blog. You’ll receive daily updates and information about school-wide events, planning and instruction
- Classroom Websites, blogs and newsletters - Each classroom utilizes these tools to communicate frequently with families. They also add all school information to these so that if you miss them on our blog, you’ll receive them here.
Everyone at Richmond Elementary School values the input and involvement of the RES community. The success of our scholars infinitely increases with your support and involvement and we appreciate every bit of it that we get. If you are interested in volunteering, please check in with your classroom teacher or look for information on FOCUS (Families, Community and School Focusing on Student Success) for events, potlucks and volunteering opportunities.
We look forward to partnering with families and working together to foster the best learning experiences for all scholars!
Michael BerryProud Principal