Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Marie Ayer


My name is Marie Ayer. I live in Hinesburg with my husband, Tom and our three children.  Our son, Jordan is a freshman at CVU and our two daughters attend HCS where Kianna is a 5th grader and Elise is a 2nd grader.  In the warmer months, you will often find me out  on the golf course whenever the opportunity arises! I have been an educator in Vermont since the fall of 1996.  I have taught every grade from kindergarten to sixth grade.  In the year 2000, I was fortunate enough to join the Richmond Elementary community as a first grade teacher.  In the fall of 2000, I moved to the third and fourth grade team. While I enjoy teaching all the subjects, math is my true passion.  In May of 2007, I received a Master of Education in Curriculum Instruction from UVM in a partnership with VMI (Vermont Math Institute).  This passion automatically flows into my students as they explore mathematical concepts and discover the relationships between numbers.  As a member of the Chittenden East Math Committee, I work collaboratively with CESU colleagues to keep the math curriculum moving forward to meet the needs of all students.  My favorite memory at RES is when students and their families come in during the months of November and December to share their family traditions.  It is so wonderful to learn about the various ways in which our community honors different holidays during this time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment