Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting To Know Us - Amy Roberge



I live in Essex with my husband and our three boys, two dogs, and a cat. I enjoy watching my boys
play sports, specifically baseball and football. If we are not at a sporting event, we are hanging out
together doing something usually sports related. I love going to zumba and getting together with friends and family. I am going into my second year here at RES as the Title 1 math teacher. My education background includes graduating first in my class from Champlain College with a degree in Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. I have taken numerous professional development classes, including math, to help further my knowledge in best practices. A special memory for me is everyone making me feel welcome when I started last year. It had felt like I have always taught here. I love how close the staff are and how much we care about the success of our students. Something that people might be surprised to know about me is that I struggled in math when I was in elementary school. I think it helps me to relate to the students I work with. I also moved around every two years while growing up before we ended up in San Diego. Most people do not know that my first son was born in Hawaii, where we lived when my husband was in the navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment