Thursday, November 1, 2012

Getting to Know Us - Tonya Darby


Tell us a little about yourself:

I grew up in Western Washington and moved east in 2007 in search of snow and haven't looked back! I love to travel and tell stories of my crazy adventures. Often you'll find me planning another adventure, learning all that I can about Vermont and New England. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, snowshoeing, and even running.

How long have you worked at RES?

The 2012-2013 marks my fourth year at RES, all teaching 4th grade.


Tell us about your educational background/training:

I have a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education & a minor in Reading from Saint Martin's University in Washington state. I have a Master of Education, Curriculum & Instruction with a focus on Integrating the Arts in Education from Lesley University. Plus, a number of additional courses focusing on technology education.


What's your favorite memory of RES?

Kinderbuddies! Watching the relationships grow between my fourth grade students and our kindergartners is so special.


Something people would be surprised to know about me is:

I can speak some Japanese and even know how to sing a song about frogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment