Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Joan Grant


My name is Joan Grant. I was born and raised in Burlington, VT and grew up spending time in the summers at my Grandparent's "farm" on Snipe Road in Richmond. My husband Ned and I built a log cabin overlooking my grandmother's favorite waterfall,where my son Alex and daughter Hannah grew up. I have been working at RES for about 26 years. I graduated from UVM in 1972, majoring in Sociology.I volunteered at the Winooski Headstart Propram while in college. I then worked at Taft school in Burlington. Ned and I moved to Fairfax and I was trained in Orton Gillingham by Mary Morey, and then taught at St. Albans City Elementary School. After we built our home in Richmond, I worked at Champlain Elementary School and CHMS. After Hannah started Kindergarten at RES, I started working at RES! I love the town of Richmond and the kids and staff at RES!

No comments:

Post a Comment