Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Jeanne Agner


I have worked at RES for 26 years. I have also taught Special Education in CESU, Burlington and in Ohio. I graduated from Bowling Green State University with a bachelor's degree in Special Education and from the University of Toledo with a Master's degree in Early Childhood and a certificate in Administration. In addition, I have taken many courses from UVM and St. Micheal's College.  I have many wonderful memories working with so many students and families in Richmond. I especially enjoy field trips to the Audubon Nature Center each season and sharing the outdoors with children. I have fun taking classes on the nature trails behind the the school and visiting and working in the school gardens. Something you may not know about me is that I grew up with 7 brothers and sisters on a small horse farm in Ohio. We all had chores to do from the time we were very young. When I was in high school, I thought that I wanted to be a jockey or work in the harness horse field. I did get to try both.... and decided that going to college and teaching would be a better career choice. I'm glad I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment