Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting to Know Us - Darcie Rankin


I am excited to work as the Enrichment Teacher at RES. This part time job allows me to connect with students and teachers in grades K-4 on a variety of subjects. I love to create meaningful and engaging learning experiences that help our students to grow AND to collaborate with and learn from my teaching peers. I am a Richmond resident and enjoy being engaged in the school as both a parent and a teacher.  When I am not in school I enjoy spending time with my family enjoying the Vermont seasons! The 2012-2013 school year will be my third year as a RES teacher. I have my BS in Electrical Engineering. I spent six years working at IBM in Essex Junction Vermont as an engineer. Following my passion for working with kids, I took the leap and went back to school at St Michael's College and got my Elementary Teaching Licensure and MEd in Curriculum. I spent several years at home with my young and growing family. During this time I took courses and worked as a certified tutor for middle school students with dyslexia before accepting my current position at RES. It is hard to pick a favorite memory from my time at RES.  As a parent it is standing outside with my daughter after her first days of school listening to her share about her amazing experiences.  As a teacher I think it is the moments when I get to witness a spark in a student--a spark of excitement for some aspect of learning, or a spark of interest in a new idea.  Being a teacher yields so many great memories each day! I am the oldest of five siblings and when I was young I had a British accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment