Monday, February 4, 2013

Getting to Know Us - Joanna Elliott


My name is Joanna Elliott. I am the RES Art Teacher, a mother of 2, an avid gardener and cook, and practicing artist in pencil and watercolor on paper.  I have worked at RES since November 2010. My first job was at age 16 as a volunteer ceramics teacher at a nursing/rehabilitation center in CT. I received a BS from Skidmore College in Studio Art, with a concentration in psychology and a long internship in Art Therapy. In 2005 I graduated from Tyler School of Art with a M.Ed in Art Education. It is most memorable to me when students work collaboratively across grade levels to create a work of art, like the bottle cap mural in the cafeteria students created last year. Since I love to cook, and needed a break from formal schooling, in 1999 I received a certification in French Pastry making from the Ritz-Escoffier Ecole de Cuisine.  In the summers, I sell baby and children's clothes I make at the Burlington Farmer's Market.  After art (of course!), my favorite subject in school is math. Our family pet is a Rhode Island Red chicken named Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment